Monday, June 20, 2005

Summer kickoff


IMG_3854.JPG, originally uploaded by la_fleur.

The beginning of my time home was largely defined by times like this, relaxing at the beach, drinking some beer (most often Red Stripe or Foster's) and in general being happy. It didn't last as long as hoped though, the inevitable commitments of the summer, be they classes, work, girlfriends, boyfriends or whatever, have pulled everyone away. Seeing as my "commitment" does not begin until mid-July, I am left with a large amount of idle time on my hands, most of which is spent longing for the times we were relaxing, and not having obligations to keep us busy and not worry about it. It's unfortunate, given all this free time, that I tend to get so little done. I have wasted what amounts to entirely too much time. I know free time should be revered, but my situation is disheartening, nonetheless, in my lack of motivation to get stuff done- I'd like to say I am just taking it easy, but increasingly I feel like I am wasting time that I am very lucky to have free. Playing into this as well is my accustomization to doing something new every day while in Sverige. That has unfortunately not manifested itself at home, despite my hopes to the contrary. As such, I slog on at home, waiting for a time when things will pick up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home