Monday, January 30, 2006

*Tear*


Casco Sunset, originally uploaded by la_fleur.

The end of an era. Undoubtedly one of my closest friends from the last four years is now gone. I sold my A4 today. Maybe that sounds silly to most, but to anyone who really knows me, is a crucial component of the person I am. I am legitimately upset to see (or rather "hear") it go. My A4 has carried me to every college I considered applying to, it has brought me to concerts, taken me skiing and snowboarding, served as a place for me to sleep, eat, get to know friends, relax, unwind and in general be happy. It was never something that carried a name beyond "my A4" despite the best efforts of a number of females in my life who longed to bequeath it with a name. I have seen most of the Midwest and New England through its windshield, and I have seen myself grow from a confused, mostly anti-social high schooler into a college student on the brink of the real world. I have worked on every part of this car inside and out, and I know every bit of it, from the circular scrapes just behind the front right wheel well to the bizarre dent on the underbody just rear of the center resonator. I know where I have put random zip ties, where I have dropped coins and where things have spilled and been subsequently cleaned up. I know that this is a unique, special car that has capabilities significantly beyond those which many can use. I have drifted this car through corners in the wet and dry, played passing games with others at 120-130 mph, I have rushed to meetings and rushed away from obligations on the wings of this great machine. It is tough to let such an important part of my life go even though I am just now stepping into my newest car, one I have dreamed of owning for years. I remember when I sold my first car, a 1989 Saab 900, and I felt a wave of emotion much like this. It took me years to get over the Sabb. Some day I know the new S4 will be just as much an extension of myself as the A4 was. I bought the A4 car on March 9, 2002 from Foreste's Park Place Motors in Indianapolis, IN with 56,256 miles on the odometer. I sell it with 106,256 miles; exactly 50,000 miles of road have been covered with this car since I got it, and at least 49,000 of those have been with me in the driver's seat. Many more miles will be covered by my new car, but I will always remember the little quirks and nuances of the A4. Anon, good friend.

1 Comments:

Blogger pinguino adeliae said...

wow you don't write much! :-P

that's a nice picture though, it looks like maine. you should become a photographer. haha "car models" ?

write again, friendly! por favor!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home